By checking the "Terms and Conditions" box, you agree that you have read, understand,
and accept the terms and conditions described below (the " Terms and Conditions
") and you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and all terms, policies
and guidelines incorporated in the Terms and Conditions by reference. If you do
not agree to this these Terms and Conditions, you should not use the Quiz Contest
(as defined below) in any way. The Terms and Conditions are offered to you conditioned
on your acceptance without modification of these Terms and Conditions.
Following terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") shall
apply to the quiz contest (detailed below). For the purposes of these Terms and
Conditions, the term NSE, when used with reference to a legal entity, shall mean
National Stock Exchange of India Limited. The quiz contest is detailed below (the
- A series of Multiple-Choice Quiz contests shall organise from 1st September, 2013
onwards till the completion of the online rounds (tentatively till January, 2014
("the Quiz contest Period"). NSE can curtail or extend the Quiz contest Period,
as it deems necessary.
- The Quiz contest shall be valid in India only. The quiz contest is strictly restricted
to the Members and sub brokers of NSE from India. Following shall be entitled to
participate in the Quiz contest ("Participant") a. Dealers & Relationship Managers
(Sales) b. Back Office, front office and operations c. Management & administration
- All participant shall register themselves at www.NSEdonedeal.com
- Only one entry will be accepted per person
- The deadline for receiving entries for the competition is final. No entries received
after the closure of the registration will be entertained. The dates of registration
will be disseminated on the site.
- An employee, or a relative of an employee of NSE, or its subsidiary companies shall
not be eligible to participate in the Quiz contest
- Each participant must ensure that his/her participation in the Quiz contest is lawful
and is in accordance with the applicable laws.
- A participant must ensure that his/her duly filled up valid entry form in English
language, where it is necessary to fill the same, is posted on the website www.NSEdonedeal.com
on or before the stipulated date as mentioned for the specific quiz contest in the
contest website. NSE shall not be responsible for any delays, losses or data/ connectivity
- The participant agrees to provide NSE current, complete and accurate information
- No participation or other fee is required to be paid for participating in the Quiz
- An incomplete online registration form by a Participant shall be rejected
- NSE reserves the right to reject any entry form without assigning any reason thereof.
Any decision taken by NSE in this regard shall be final and binding, and not subject
to any dispute or challenge.
- The participants hereby waive all rights and grant to NSE, or its affiliates a royalty-free,
non-exclusive, perpetual worldwide license to copy, modify and otherwise use and
distribute their photographs and quotes made and taken during the contest and submission
entry and/or any element of the submission, in any and all media, and in any publication
whether online, offline or on the internet. NSE shall also be free to use any ideas,
concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such submissions or materials for
- NSE does not make any commitment, express or implied, to respond to any feedback,
suggestion and/or queries of the participants or furnish reasons for inclusion and/or
exclusion of any particular submission of the participant at any stage of the Quiz
- NSE may assign any or all of its rights under these Terms and Conditions to its
Affiliates without consent of the Participants.
- Participation in the Quiz contest shall be construed as an acceptance of the Terms
and Conditions stipulated herein. If you are dissatisfied with the Quiz or the provision
of allied and associated services or with these Terms and Conditions, your sole
and exclusive remedy is to remove yourself from the Quiz.
- Any breach or default by a Participant of any of the terms and Conditions herein
shall result in immediate disqualification without notice
- The Participant undertakes and declares that for participating in the Quiz contest,
he/she shall not use any unauthorized or pirated software. In the event a Participant
is found to be doing so, the entry from such Participant shall forthwith be disqualified
from the Quiz contest
- The NSE officials engaged in the organization and management of the Quiz contest,
including its directors, officers, partners, employees, consultants and agents are
under no obligation to render any advice or service to any Participant in respect
of the Quiz contest
- Any attempt by a Participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the
legitimate operation of the Quiz contest is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws,
and should such an attempt be made, NSE reserves the right to seek damages from
any such Participant to the fullest extent permitted by law
- NSE reserves the right to conduct the quiz contest in design in online (browser
based, internet), offline and any other mode, and modify them without prior notice
to the quiz contestant.
- Each participant would be ranked based on their performance on
- Individual basis for overall ranking (for National finals round)
- Specific location basis (wild card direct entry to National finals round)
- Following will be the judging criteria ("Judging Criteria") for the Quiz contest:
- Qualifying round: The Participants with the minimum 70% of correct answers shall
qualify to the competitive round for their respective regions.
- Competitive rounds: maximum number of points gained from number of correct answers,
in shortest time taken to reply them.
- As per the quiz master's selection criteria in the National Finals rounds
- The quiz contestants who qualify for regional finals round would not contest for
National finals round based location wise ranking criteria. The direct entry (wild
card entry) into National Finals round will be based on the ranking from each of
the selected locations , excluding the names of participants who have already qualified
in the regional finals.
- The number of qualifiers and winners in the competitive rounds would be as follows:
- The top 100 participants from each region shall compete for the Regional round
- Each region will have three winners. Top two will qualify for the National rounds.
- The top scorer from each of specified locations would get direct entry into the
National final round.
- National Finals round will be elimination rounds to get qualifiers for the 'National
- Top three scorers in the 'National finals' will be given the first, second and third
- Following will be the prize or benefits ("Benefits") under the Quiz contest
- Participants of the week – Lucky winner from top 10 locations. Total 50 prizes
- Regional Qualification round - The top 100 scorers from each region win a Gift Card
of Rs 1000/- each. Total 600 prizes.
- Top three scorers in each Regional Finals win exciting cash prizes. Total 18 prizes
- The top three qualify for the National Finals win exciting cash prizes – Total 6
- Top two scorer from wild card entry round win exciting cash prizes - total 2 prizes
- Three top winners from National Finals - total 3 prizes
- The name(s) of the selected Participant(s) shall be announced through the event
website: : www.NSEdonedeal.com. All selected Participants shall be informed individually
by e-mail. However, there shall be no liability on NSE in the event such mail does
not reach such Participants on any account whatsoever
- The decision on the Participants selected by NSE shall be final and binding, and
no correspondence or communication shall be entertained in this regard
- NSE shall be entitled to use, in any manner, the name, photographs and other details
of the Participant or any other participating person, likeness and status in any
publication including the Benefits awarded to them, if any. By participating in
the Quiz contest, all Participants hereby agree to the same. NSE may, at its discretion,
choose not to disclose the identity of the selected Participant to other Participants
- Benefits shall neither be transferable nor exchangeable for cash or otherwise. More
participation in the Quiz contest shall not entitle a Participant to the Benefits.
No other person can claim the benefits on behalf of the Participant
- In the event the benefits involve manufactured items, these shall be subject to
manufacturer's terms and conditions for warranty, service and maintenance, and NSE
does not accept any responsibility for the same
- Where the Benefits under the current Quiz contest are items/goods/packages travel,
tour etc.), these shall be subject to availability. NSE at its discretion can provide
alternate items of equivalent value. Pictures of the items/goods/packages travel,
tour etc. shown in the Quiz contest website and/or announcement mailers may differ
from the items/goods/packages travel, tour etc.) given.
- In the event Benefits involve travel, the selected participant shall be responsible
for procuring and paying the cost of all the legal documents and procedures in order
to travel, including passports, visas, taxes and any other documents. All travel
arrangements relating to the Benefits are subject to availability, as determined
in NSE's sole discretion
- In case of gift cards and preloaded card given as prizes, the rules and regulations
of the concerned bank will be applicable. NSE will not be responsible for and loss
or damages of any nature; and will not entertain any communication of any nature
in this regard from any entity.
- Taxes and other levies imposed by any relevant applicable government or tax authority,
as well as other costs including, insurance and incidental costs, that may be levied
or incurred on the prizes/ benefits shall be fully borne by the selected participants.
All benefits shall be subject to deduction or recovery of applicable taxes.
- Subject to any applicable law: (a) All warranties in relation to the Quiz and/or
allied and associated services of any kind whatsoever, whether express or implied,
are hereby expressly disclaimed by NSE including, but not limited to, meeting of
the Participant's requirements or aspirations, timeliness, security, the results
or reliability of any Quiz contest, or the delivery, quality, quantity, merchantability,
fitness for use or non infringement in respect of any goods, services, benefits
or awards acquired or obtained through the Quiz contest or any transactions effected
through the Quiz contest; (b) The Participant expressly agrees that his/her participation
in the Quiz contest offered by NSE is at the Participant's sole risk and is governed
by the Terms and Conditions herein; and (c) No advice or information whether by
representations, oral, written or pictorial derived from the website or through
the Quiz contest shall be construed to mean the giving of any warranty of any kind
- Nothing in the Quiz contest shall affect any intellectual property rights of NSE
in any product or service, which may be the subject matter of the Quiz contest.
NSE does not grant to any person, express or implied, in rights of any nature over
its intellectual property.
- All perpetual and worldwide intellectual property rights, including any copyright
in the applications developed by the Participants and, or, their submissions, feedback,
material and the like shall be owned by NSE or its Affiliates. NSE shall be entitled
to exploit the same in any manner whatsoever.
- The Quiz contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws
of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and
arising out of the Quiz contest and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations
and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration
& Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator
to be appointed by NSE. The venue of arbitration shall be Mumbai
- The Participant undertakes to indemnify and keep NSE harmless and indemnified against
any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred or suffered by
NSE due to breach of any Terms and Conditions contained herein by the Participant
and/or infringement or violation of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret
or other proprietary right of a third party by the Participant and, or, arising
from the participation of the Participant in the Quiz contest
- In addition to these Terms and Conditions, other specific terms may be imposed by
NSE any time to deal with any unforeseen situation. NSE also reserves the absolute
right to change the Terms and Conditions contained herein and, or, any other rules
and regulations in respect of the Quiz contest at any time without any notice, without
assigning any reason and without any liability whatsoever. Participants are requested
to refer to such other terms and conditions, if any, which may be displayed on-line
or intimated separately as NSE considers fit. However, no obligation is cast on
NSE to separately intimate each individual Participant with regard to such additional
terms and conditions
- NSE also reserves the right to withdraw or discontinue with the Quiz contest at
any stage without any liability whatsoever to the Participant and, or, anyone
- All prize winners must claim their prizes within 30 days of announcement of winner.
If such prizes are not claimed within the mentioned 30 days, NSE reserves the right
to revoke the prize and any such winners claim therein. In such situations, NSE
shall, at its discretion, award such revoked prizes to any other contestant it deems
fit, without any liability.
- An 'Affiliate' means any legal entity owned, controlled or under common ownership
or entities in which NSE has a stake. The and the term 'control' means direct or
indirect control of the management or the board of directors
- By registering in this quiz contest, you agree to authorize NSE to use your mobile
phone number, email address and any other information given by you to us to send
information like your score, quiz contest ranking results, future events, quiz contest
questions, alerts and other details as deemed fit by NSE.
- The Quizmaster's decision will be final in deciding the right answers and no correspondence
will be entered into in this regard
- The prize(s) must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash
- NSE does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet
or connectivity service. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- NSE reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary
in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by
them when entering this competition.
- This competition is administered by NSE.
- These Terms And Conditions by their sense and context, shall so survive the completion
of the performance, cancellation or termination of the Quiz and/or these Terms and